• 2 tablespoons canola oil
• 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut
• 2 turnips (about 4 ounces each), peeled and cut
• 2 parsnips (about 4 ounces each), peeled and cut
• 1 small celery root (about 10 ounces), peeled and cut
• Coarse 2 tablespoons (1 ounce) unsalted butter
• A sprig of rosemary or other herb (optional)
Try this dish with roast chicken or braised meats.
Heat the oil in a Copper-Core Cassoulet over low heat.
Raise the heat to medium, then add the vegetables.
Cook, stirring frequently, for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and evenly caramelised.
Season with salt to taste, stir in the butter and, if desired, the herb sprig just before serving.
Chef Thomas Keller's tip
"What is important to the success of this recipe is the cut of the vegetables"
"Try this dish with roast chicken or braised meats."