1. Peel and roughly chop the onion, garlic, tomato and zucchini.
2. Place the onion and garlic in the bowl fitted with the ultrablade knife. Mix at speed 11 for 10 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Replace the ultrablade knife with the mixer.
3. Add olive oil and launch the P1 simmer program for 3 minutes, without the stopper. Add the barley and relaunch the P1 simmer program for 4 minutes.
4. Add the chicken broth and launch the P3 simmer program at 200°F for 30 minutes.
5. At the end of cooking, add all remaining ingredients. Stir gently before serving.