1. Cut beef into cubes. Place in a bowl with red wine. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. The following day, cook bacon until crisp, remove bacon from skillet. Reserve 2 Tbsp. bacon drippings. Crumble bacon when cool enough to handle.
3. Peel the onion and put in the bowl fitted with the ultrablade knife. Mix at speed 12 for 15 seconds.
4. Peel and dice the carrots. Peel the garlic. Add carrots, garlic, bacon and reserved bacon drippings to the bowl fitted with the mixer. Launch the P1 simmer program at 270°F for 8 minutes.
5. Coat the meat in flour. At the end of the program, add beef broth, meat, red wine, tomato paste and spices. Launch the P2 simmer program at 210°F for 2 hours.