1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Peel and quarter the onion, carrots and celery. Peel the garlic.
3. Place beef bones, onion, carrots, celery and garlic in a 13 x 9-inch pan and toss with olive oil. Roast in oven for 40-45 minutes or until vegetables are browned. Remove from oven, add 1 cup water to the pan and let sit for 15 minutes.
4. Place 5 cups of water, roasted vegetables with water and all remaining ingredients in the bowl fitted with mixer. Launch the P2 simmer program at 200°F for 1 hour 30 minutes, without the stopper.
5. At the end of the program, strain broth and reserve. Discard the beef bones and vegetables.