1. Place the yeast, water and milk in the bowl fitted with the kneading/crushing blade. Mix at speed 3 at 100°F for 3 minutes. Be careful to leave it in the
2. Add flour, sugar, salt and butter. Attach the stopper and launch the P1 pastry program for 2 minutes 30 seconds.
3. At the end of the program, divide dough into 10 pieces. Roll each piece into a 16-inch strip. Form pretzels and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Cover loosely with a kitchen towel and let dough rise for 45 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
5. Bring 4 cups of water and 1/4 cup baking soda to a boil. Immerse pretzels in boiling water for 5 seconds, one at a time, and place on a cookie sheet. Brush tops with beaten egg yolk. Bake for 12-18 minutes or until deep golden brown.