1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Place egg yolks, 6 Tbsp. of sugar and vanilla in the bowl fitted with the whisk. Mix at speed 7 for 1 minute. After 30 seconds, add cream through the lid.
3. Divide the mixture among 4 (6 oz.) ramekins or custard cups.
4. Place the ramekins in a baking pan and carefully pour boiling water into the pan until it comes halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until custards are set when gently shaken. Remove custards from the water bath, cool to room temperature and refrigerate until firm.
5. To serve, spread 1 Tbsp. of the remaining sugar evenly on top of each ramekin and heat with a kitchen blowtorch until the sugar caramelizes.