Spanish Paella is a dish best suited for hosting a summer dinner party or celebration. Combined with fragrant rice is a mix of seafood and meats that has something for everyone. Some of my favorite summer memories involve a beach, fresh seafood picked that day, and family to share with. This dish embodies those summer vibes.
|PREP TIME||20 MIN|
|COOK TIME||30 MIN|
For the Paella:
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Clam Juice
- 1 tbsp Anchovy Paste
- 4 confit garlic cloves mashed
- 2 links Spanish Chorizo casing removed, halved, and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- 4 small Chicken Thights Room Temperature seasoned with Salt and Pepper
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 2 Bell Peppers ( 1 Green 1 Red)
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 large pinch of Saffron
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 cup Bomba rice
- 1/4 cup Peas (frozen or fresh, blanched)
- 1/2 lb Large Shrimp (I use unpeeled)
- 1/2 lb Mussels cleaned
- 1/2 lb Squid (rings cut 1/4 inch)
- 3 large Langoustines split in half (Cook on the grill if possible)
- 2 tbsp Parsley chopped
For the Beurre Maitre d'Hotel:
- 1 stick butter softened
- 2 tbsp Parsley chopped
- 1 tsp lemon juice + zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp anchovy paste
- Combine all the ingredients for the Beurre Maitre D'Hotel . Stir until well combined. Wrap in plastic wrap forming a cylinder. Place in fridge to set.
- Whisk together the Chicken Stock, Anchovy Paste, Clam Juice, and Confit Garlic. Set aside.
- Heat FUSIONTEC Universal Pan over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of oil and brown the chorizo for roughly 4 minutes. Remove from pan
- Add the chicken to the pan and sear for roughly 4 minutes on both sides till golden brown. Remove from pan
- Add 2 tbsp oil and saute the onions and peppers for roughly 10 minutes until soft. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add tomatoes, bay leaf, saffron, and paprika. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for roughly 5 minutes. The mixture will be very fragrant at this point.
- Deglaze with wine and cook for roughly 5 minutes, till the wine is reduced.
- Add the squid and saute for a minute.
- Add the rice. Combine with other ingredients. Add the broth mixture slowly shaking the pan to combine. Return the chicken to the pan making sure it is submerged into the broth. Add half of the chorizo and do the same.
- Bring mixture to boil and then reduce heat to low. Keep uncovered simmering slowly. Never stir the mixture but occasionally shake the pan.
- After about 5 minutes of simmering add the mussels to the pan pressing lightly into the rice.After another 5 minutes line the shrimp around the pan into the rice trying to keep spread out uncurled. Add half of the peas and shake the pan to combine.
- After cooking for 17-20 minutes total, remove from the heat and cover the pan for 5 minutes before serving.
- To serve, remove the lid and add your grilled langoustines. Drizzle with melted Green Butter. Add remaining chorizo and peas. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon wedges.