This delightful recipe combines the tropical sweetness of ripe mangoes with a blend of aromatic spices, creating a sensational chutney that perfectly complements the rich flavors of seared salmon. As the salmon sizzles to golden perfection, our mango chutney, infused with hints of ginger, garlic, tangy vinegar, and a touch of heat, provides a tantalizing burst of flavors. Whether as a glaze or a topping, this vibrant chutney adds a tantalizing tropical twist, transforming each bite into a culinary masterpiece.
|4 TO 6
- 2- 3 large mangoes peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic minced
- 1/2 cup of onion chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno pepper diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper diced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- Salt to taste
- In a NS Pro(TM) Nonstick 4 qt. Sauce Pan, combine the mangoes, ginger, garlic, onion, jalapeno, bell pepper, and spices. Add the sugar, vinegar, and water.
- Bring this mixture to a boil, reduce the heat and let simmer on low for about 20 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and the ingredients are tender.
- Remove from the heat and let cool. If not using immediately you can refrigerate for up to a month covered.
You can use this chutney right away, but the flavors of this dish will develop more if left to sit and refrigerate overnight.
All-Clad Resident Chef Derek Finocchiaro
All-Clad’s Resident Chef Derek has been working with flavors and fragrance for his entire career. Finding a path from perfumery to food, Derek competed on numerous amateur cooking shows which led him to the All-Clad Test kitchen. Here he excels in creating new recipes, blogs, video demos, and food photography for our consumers.