This literal twist of a margarita is less sweet and has more of a citrus taste. Try this on the rocks for a perfectly refreshing drink to celebrate Cinco de Mayo or to enjoy after a day at the beach. The finish on the rim incorporates a salty and smokey heat to round out the sweetness for a well-balanced drink.
|PREP TIME||5 MIN|
Seasoning for the Rim:
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt such as fleur de sol
- 1 tablespoon of Aleppo pepper
- 1 teaspoon of raw brown sugar
- 6 oz of white tequila
- 6 oz of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 oz of triple sec
- 2 oz of agave syrup
- Lemon peel curls for garnish
- 2 cups of ice plus more for glasses
- Combine the ingredients for the margarita rim in a small mixing bowl. Reserve.
- Add the ice to a drink mixer. Add the liquid ingredients and shake very well. Take your glass and dip the rim in water and shake of the excess. Dip your glass into the seasoning and rim your glass.
- Add ice to the glass and pour the drink over. Garnish with a lemon curl and enjoy.
As Aleppo pepper is more smoky than hot you can always add some other chiles to add further heat to the rim of this glass if desired.