|PREP TIME||5 MIN|
|COOK TIME||10 MIN|
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ cup dry sherry wine
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 to 4 sprigs of thyme
- ¼ cup Crème Fraiche
- salt and pepper to taste
- After the steak is finished, remove from the pan and turn the heat setting to low. Add the oil to the pan and heat for one minute.
- Add the shallot and cook for 2- 3 minutes.
- Add the thyme to the pan cook till fragrant.
- Add the sherry wine and deglaze the pan. Let reduce by half, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the sherry vinegar, Dijon mustard, and Crème Fraiche. Stir to combine. Let simmer for a minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the heat and serve over your beautiful rib eye.
You can use any fat to finish this sauce. Crème Fraiche adds acid along with fat. But in substitution, you can use butter or heavy cream to finish this sauce.