Puckeringly-sweet pomegranate molasses is the secret to this simple side dish that takes carrots to another level, from our friends at Food52.
|PREP TIME||5 MIN|
|COOK TIME||25 MIN|
- 1 pound carrots, peeled, trimmed, and halved or quartered lengthwise (halve the thin carrots, quarter the thicker ones)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch Turkish or Syrian red pepper (such as Aleppo pepper) or cayenne
- 1 teaspoon pomegranate molasses or substitute 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped fresh
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Use an All-Clad Pro-Release Nonstick Half Sheet Pan, toss the carrots with the oil, salt, and red pepper or cayenne. Spread them out in a single layer.
- Roast for 15 minutes, stir well, and roast for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with the pomegranate molasses; toss gently to coat the carrots with molasses. Roast until the carrots are golden and soft, about 5 more minutes.
- Serve garnished with cilantro.