Categories: Breakfast & Brunch
Posted: August 19, 2022
Whether you are looking for a healthy breakfast, or an alternative to pancakes for "breakfast for dinner" nights, this dish is perfect. The acid from the tomatoes combined with the richness of the egg yolks creates a balanced and delicious meal.
|TYPE||BREAKFAST & BRUNCH|
|SERVES||4 to 6|
|PREP TIME||10 MIN|
|COOK TIME||20 MIN|
- 2 tablespoon neutral cooking oil
- 1 large yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 - 28 oz can of whole plum tomatoes with their juices
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 oz of crumbled feta
- 6 large eggs
- cilantro for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In your All-Clad HA1 Nonstick for Gathering Together Universal Pan heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-low heat. Add the onions and peppers and slow cook them for about 20 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute or two until soft and fragrant.
- Stir in the cumin, cayenne, and paprikas. Cook for 1 minute while fully incorporating.
- Pour in the can of tomatoes with their liquid. Using the wooden spoon, break down the tomatoes in the pan crushing them while creating a thickened sauce.
- Season the dish with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the crumbled feta and mix to combine.
- Gently crack the six eggs around the pan giving them each equal room to cook.
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for 6-9 minutes or until the eggs are set. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and serve.
Your preferred style of eggs will determine the cooking time. For a runny yolk, look for the white parts to be set while the yolk is still shining (about seven minutes).
To learn more about this chef, please visit their website at name of link
Connect with them on social name of link