Whether you are looking for a healthy breakfast, or an alternative to pancakes for "breakfast for dinner" nights, this dish is perfect. The acid from the tomatoes combined with the richness of the egg yolks creates a balanced and delicious meal.
|BREAKFAST & BRUNCH
|4 to 6
- 2 tablespoon neutral cooking oil
- 1 large yellow onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 - 28 oz can of whole plum tomatoes with their juices
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 oz of crumbled feta
- 6 large eggs
- cilantro for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- In your All-Clad HA1 Nonstick for Gathering Together Universal Pan heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-low heat. Add the onions and peppers and slow cook them for about 20 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute or two until soft and fragrant.
- Stir in the cumin, cayenne, and paprikas. Cook for 1 minute while fully incorporating.
- Pour in the can of tomatoes with their liquid. Using the wooden spoon, break down the tomatoes in the pan crushing them while creating a thickened sauce.
- Season the dish with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in the crumbled feta and mix to combine.
- Gently crack the six eggs around the pan giving them each equal room to cook.
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper. Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook for 6-9 minutes or until the eggs are set. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro and serve.
Your preferred style of eggs will determine the cooking time. For a runny yolk, look for the white parts to be set while the yolk is still shining (about seven minutes).