A healthier way to enjoy snack time with this delicious homemade popcorn.
|PREP TIME||5 MIN|
|COOK TIME||10 MIN|
- 3 tablespoons of blended neutral oil
- ½ cup of popcorn kernels
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more if desired
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- In an All-Clad D5® Brushed Soup Pot, heat the blended oil over medium heat and add 2 or 3 popcorn kernels together.
- Once these kernels have popped, the oil is ready. Remove the testing kernels from the pot and add the fresh popcorn kernels. Place the lid on the pot with a slight gap for ventilation. Shake the pan to ensure the kernels are in a single even layer.
- As the kernels begin to pop, start to shake the pot gently back and forth a couple of times. Once the popping has slowed down to roughly one pop every couple of seconds the popcorn is ready.
- Remove the popcorn from the pot and place it into a stainless steel mixing bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Toss to combine.
You can easily customize this recipe with your favorite popcorn toppings. Try drizzling melted dark chocolate, some maple syrup, and brown sugar or melted butter mixed with black pepper.