Whether you are making a pumpkin bread, muffins, or a cake this batter is the base for all of your pumpkin baking adventures.
|SERVES||4 TO 6|
|PREP TIME||10 MIN|
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of ground cloves
- 3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1-15oz can of pumpkin purée
- 1 cup of white sugar
- 1 cup of light brown sugar packed
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup of butter room temperature
- ½ cup of milk
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour, salt, spices, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix to fully combine. Set aside.
- Using an electric stand mixer add the sugars and butter. Beat on medium speed until creamed and well blended together, roughly 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating each until fully combined before adding the next.
- Add the vanilla extract and beat together. Continue to beat together for 3-4 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add the pumpkin puree and beat until combined.
- On low speed add ⅓ of the reserved dry ingredients and mix together. Once they are completely mixed, add ¼ cup of milk and mix until smooth.
- Repeat the step above with ⅓ of the dry ingredients and the remaining milk. Mix until combined.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and mix to combine. Do not over mix the batter.
- The batter is complete and ready to be customized to make a variety of breads, muffins, or cakes!
The concept of pumpkin batter is simple but the recipe possibilities are endless! Add a variety of ingredients from sweet to savory to take your next pumpkin recipe up a notch.