Categories: Main Course
Posted: November 22, 2021
Authentic Chicken Cacciatore is an Italian classic. This recipe is slowly cooked for hours in All-Clad, and it will leave your home filled with the aromas of tomatoes, fresh herbs, warmth, and comfort.
|SERVES||4 to 6|
|PREP TIME||10 MIN|
|COOK TIME||3 HOURS|
- 4 skinless chicken thighs, bone-in or out
- 4 skinless chicken breasts. bone-in or out
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 - 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup of dry white wine
- 3 to 4 Roma tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 6 sprigs of thyme
- ½ tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp capers
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 275°F
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in the
- In the All-Clad D7 Stovetop Slow Cooker. Add the chicken in batches so they don’t overcrowd. Brown on both sides. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add the onion, red and yellow bell peppers, and mushrooms. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the moisture has evaporated from the mushrooms.
- Add in the garlic and cook for an additional minute, until fragrant.
- Add the white wine. Stir and let simmer until the wine is reduced by approximately half, about 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste. Cook until fully incorporated, 3 minutes.
- Add the herbs to the pot.
- Pour the crushed tomatoes, tomato quarters, red pepper flakes, and stock into the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Return the chicken to the pot and nestle it into the tomato mixture.
- Add to the oven for 90 minutes with the lid on.
- Remove from the oven. Add the balsamic vinegar and capers. Return to the oven for 30 minutes or until the chicken is fall-apart tender.
- Serve over pasta, rice, polenta, or your favorite vegetables.
To learn more about this chef, please visit their website at name of link
Connect with them on social name of link