Posted: November 22, 2021
Adding a small twist to a classic pasta dish perfected in a All-Clad Fry Pan.
|PREP TIME||10 MIN|
|COOK TIME||20 MIN|
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 4 anchovy fillets packed in olive oil
- 4 oz Nduja Sausage
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine
- (1) 28 oz can of whole peeled plum tomatoes drained
- 1/2 cup green and black pitted ttalian olives halved
- 2 tbsp of capers
- Handful of fresh basil torn
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb linguine or similar long pasta
- Bring an All-Clad Stockpot of water to a boil. When the water is boiling generously salt the water.
- In an All-Clad 12 inch Fry Pan heat 2 tbsp of oil over medium-low heat. Add the shallot, garlic, and anchovy fillets. Cook, stirring occasionally until fragrant and lightly golden.
- Add the tomato paste and Nduja sausage. Stir to combine and caramelize in the pan for a couple of minutes, until browned.
- Deglaze the pan with white wine and cook until almost completely evaporated.
- Add the whole tomatoes. Crush with a wooden spoon. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes until the mixture breaks down and becomes saucy.
- Stir in the red pepper flakes, olives, and capers. Continue to simmer over low heat.
- Meanwhile, add the pasta to the boiling pot of water and cook to al dente per box instructions.
- Before draining the pasta, remove roughly 1/2 cup of the pasta water and reserve.
- Add 1/4 cup of the pasta water to the sauce. Swirl around in the pan until completely combined.
- Drain the pasta in the All-Clad Pasta Colander and add the pasta to the 12 inch Fry Pan. Add a touch more of the pasta water and discard the remainder.
- Flip the pasta in the fry pan to marry the pasta and sauce together. Garnish with fresh basil.
Without using any utensils flip the pasta in the fry pan. This will combine the pasta and sauce to perfection without breaking any of the long pasta in the process. Adding the starchy pasta water to the sauce will help the sauce stick to the pasta when flipping.
To learn more about this chef, please visit their website at name of link
Connect with them on social name of link