Along with a creamy hummus, some fresh pita, and a light fresh salad, these Falafels will make for a delicious vegetarian dinner.
|PREP TIME||20 MIN|
|COOK TIME||6-8 MIN|
- 2 cups of dried chickpeas
- 1 bunch of fresh parsley leaves
- 1 small bunch of fresh cilantro (leaves and stems)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- The night before making, soak the chickpeas in a large bowl of water. Make sure the water level is at least 2 inches above the chickpeas. Add the baking soda and stir to combine. Refrigerate overnight till ready to use.
- When ready, drain the chickpeas and add them into a food processor along with the garlic, chopped onion, herbs, spices, salt, and pepper. Pulse the ingredients in the processor for 30 seconds at a time until fully combined.
- Once the ingredients are combined, return them to the fridge for 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in an All-Clad D3 5.5-quart Dutch Oven. The oil is ready at 350 degrees.
- Remove the falafel mixture from the fridge and form it into 1 - 1 & ½ inch balls.
- When the oil reaches 350 degrees, add the falafel balls to the dutch oven and fry for roughly 6 - 8 minutes or until the exterior is golden brown.