Cinnamon Apple Walnut Bread
This sweet and nutty loaf makes the most of the flavors of fall.
|PREP TIME||15 MIN|
|COOK TIME||45 MIN|
- 1 Honeycrisp apple peeled, cored, and chopped
- ¼ cup of walnuts, chopped
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ cup butter
- ⅔ cup of white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ cup of whole milk
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Grease and flour your All-Clad Pro-Release Nonstick Loaf Pan and set aside.
- Using an All-Clad Forged Paring Knife peel, core, and chop your apple. Set aside with your chopped walnuts.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the brown sugar and cinnamon and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the white sugar and butter. Using a hand mixer cream together until smooth. Roughly 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs into the sugar and butter mixture one at a time. Beat until fully combined. Add the vanilla extract and stir until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder. Slowly fold into the wet mixture in three parts until fully incorporated.
- Add the milk to the mixture and combine until smooth.
- Pour half of the prepared batter into the loaf pan. Top with half of the apples, walnuts, and cinnamon sugar. Lightly press the apple mixture into the batter using a silicone spatula. Add the remaining batter and once again top with the remaining apples, walnuts, and cinnamon mix and lightly press down into the batter.
- Using a toothpick, swirl the brown sugar cinnamon mixture on top to create a fun design.
- Place the loaf pan in the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes to one hour or until fully cooked. Check by inserting a toothpick into the center of the loaf. If it comes out clean the batter is fully cooked.
- Let cool on a cooling rack before turning over and removing from the loaf pan.
Turn leftover slices into an autumnal French toast for a seasonal twist on a classic breakfast.