Paul Kahan’s Roasted Turkey with Shallot, Thyme and Mushrooms
Paul Kahan’s Honey Roasted Squash and Charred Radicchio Salad
A simply creating a shallot herb paste to roast a turkey breast that delivers a full flavored bird.
|SERVES||5 to 6|
|PREP TIME||15 MIN|
|COOK TIME||60 MIN|
- 1 each - 2lb boneless turkey breast
- 2 medium sized shallots, minced fine
- ¼ cup parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1 head garlic, unpeeled and cut in half
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 4 tablespoon butter, divided
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, cleaned and cut in half, or quartered if large
- ¼ crisp white wine
- 2 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Make shallot herb paste by combining shallot, parsley, and thyme with a healthy pinch of salt.
- Loosen the skin on the turkey breast by sliding your fingers between the meat and skin.
- Spread the paste evenly along with the meat under the skin, trying to be careful not to tear the skin.
- Dry the skin with a paper towel, season with salt and pepper, and place in the All-Clad FUSIONTEC Universal Pan
- Add the garlic, lemon (both cut side down), and 2 tablespoons of butter to the pan.
- Place in oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add cremini mushrooms, seasoning the mushrooms with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Return pan to oven for an additional 15 minutes or until the skin is golden brown and the internal temperature of the turkey is 155°F
- Remove from oven and rest for 10 minutes in a warm spot.
- Reserve turkey breast to the cutting board and place the FUSIONTEC Universal Pan over medium-high heat on your stovetop.
- Add wine and reduce until almost dry, scraping the bottom to remove any brown bits.
- Add stock to the pan along with the remaining butter. Cook, swirling the pan occasionally until sauce is reduced and delicious.
- Cut turkey breast and return to the All-Clad Universal Pan, spooning some of the mushrooms and sauce over the top.
Using the flavorful mix of shallot, parsley and thyme rubbed under the skin is a simple way to create a delicious bird.
Chef and partner Paul Kahan has become the nationally recognizable face of Chicago chefs. Passionately seasonal, unconventionally creative and dedicated to the inspiration of classical cuisine, Kahan has received international acclaim for Blackbird, avec, The Publican, Big Star, Publican Quality Meats, Dove’s Luncheonette, Publican Quality Bread, Publican Tavern O’Hare. Awarded Outstanding Chef by the James Beard Foundation in 2013, Winner: Who’s Who of Food & Beverage in America in 2014 and Winner: Best Chefs in America in 2004, Kahan has earned the praise of many who claim him to be one of America’s most influential working chefs. In 2018, his cookbook “Cheers to the Publican, Repast and Present: Recipes and Ramblings from an American Beer Hall," won the IACP award in the “chefs and restaurants” category. In 2019, Kahan released his second book, ‘Cooking For Good Times,” which was named ‘One of The Best Cookbooks Of The Year’ by the New York Times Book Review. A Chicagoan through and through, Kahan is known for developing relationships with Midwestern farmers—leaving a permanent mark on his culinary outlook.
To learn more about this chef, please visit their website at https://www.oneoffhospitality.com
Follow at https://www.instagram.com/paulkahan/